Rockhounding USA
: an informative and media-rich blog with articles, photos, videos, and maps to a wide variety of rock, mineral, fossil, and Indian artifact collecting sites across the USA.

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Mining Majestic Maine Minerals in the Free and Fantastically Famous Frank Perham Quarries of Oxford County

I know, I know...the title of this blog article is a bit of an amazing amalgamation of alliteration, but, as I sit in this hotel room in Portsmouth, New Hampshire on a late morning, it's the best that I can do.

My faithful fellow rockhound-son, Chase, and I headed to Oxford County, Maine on a quest to the quarries of Frank Perham...in pursuit of the crystal pockets in the pegmatites of this mineralogically-rich region. I will be posting a longer field report in the next few days, but for now, enjoy PART ONE of this TWO-PART (eventually) video about our experience.




Visit our Rockhounding USA Store. Find that perfect gift for any Rockhound or Prospector in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment